This dish is my son Dan's favorite.. He would ask me to cook it so he can eat it with Bagoong Alamang. I think, I cook it at least once in 2 months. It's not that it requires too much work, but, I tend to become sick of it after 2 times of eating it. I think it's the Peanut butter sauce or I don't know.
I never got the chance to take a picture, since I can't find my digital camera's battery. It's here somewhere, I just have to look for it, maybe under our couch or something.
2 lbs. Pig's feet (tripe or oxtail can be used too)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 medium sized onion (sliced)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tbsp. cooking oil
fish sauce (patis)
sitaw (green beans can be used)
PUso ng Saging (if available)
1. Boil the Pig's feet to desired tenderness. Save the stock.
2. In a large pot, sautee the garlic and onion on 2 tbsp cooking oil.
3. Add the boiled pig's feet, fish sauce and pour at least 2 cups of stock.
4. Add ground pepper and the peanut butter as well.
5. Let boil for at least 5-7 minutes, add more stock and add the veggies.
6. When veggies are half cooked, add MSG (optional)
7. Move the dish into a cold large pot and leave uncovered.
8. Serve with Bagoong Alamang on the side.