Yummy boiling hot Afritada in the Pot.
Most of the time, I make Chicken Afritada, but for a change, I make Pork sometimes. This is very good. One of my favorites. I love the sauce when it's seasoned perfect. My husband eats it too and he would devour the potatoes.
3 lbs. Country Style Pork Ribs (Chicken and beef can be used too)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 small can of tomato sauce
3 pcs. of bay leaves
1 whole red bell pepper (sliced)
2 large sized potatoes (cut in small pieces)
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
salt to taste
a pinch of MSG (optional)
1 tsp. garlic minced
1/2 medium sized onion, sliced)
2 tbs. cooking oil
1. Sautee garlic and onion in a large pot using 2 tbsp. cooking oil.
2. Add the pork, soy sauce and at least 2 cups of water, ground pepper, bay leaves and half of the red bell pepper.
3. Stir frequently to avoid burning at the bottom. Add water as needed to boil the pork. When pork is almost done, add tomato sauce.
4. Let boil for at least 4-5 minutes, when pork is really tender to your satisfaction, add potatoes.
5. Let boil and when potatoes are almost done, add the rest of the bell pepper, salt to taste and MSG if you prefer.
6. Makes 8-10 servings.